Clickfunnels is a software that every marketer needs to know and use when starting a business to sell products or services. That is to say, Clickfunnels is an extremely useful tool and of importance for you to learn before approaching your customers. Despite its strengths, Clickfunnels has some disadvantages and notices you need to be aware of, and this article clarifies all things about Clickfunnels for you to consider.
Overview of Clickfunnels
You can grasp general information about Clickfunnels as below:
- Clickfunnels is a cloud-based funnel builder platform.
- Although the company asserts that its software is suitable for all sizes of eCommerce, consultancy, and other businesses, it is not suitable for those that offer hundreds or thousands of things online.
- You can easily and rapidly create and manage your sales funnels with Clickfunnels. Drag & drop function allows you to modify the funnel step without going to the landing page or changing the URL.
- With Clickfunnels’ drag-and-drop builder function, you can quickly construct landing pages without coding or design experience, much like with other landing page tools.
- One of the unique features of Clickfunnel is the “one-click upsell,” which enables you to immediately bill consumers on the upsell or downsell page without requesting their details again.
- Additionally, Clickfunnels has an integrated affiliate management system that makes it simple to keep track of your affiliates and pay them commissions depending on how well they perform.
- There are two monthly subscription costs for Clickfunnels: Standard ($97) and Platinum ($297), which include infinite funnels, email marketing software, and affiliate functions.
- Looking for a substitute for Clickfunnels? For the finest user experience, great value, and free for beginners, it is recommended that you use Systeme.
- Clickfunnels offers a free 14-day trial. You can access to design any landing page and funnel you desire. Test out every function and subscribe to FunnelFlix to watch marketing experts in action.
What is Clickfunnels?
Clickfunnels was built by Todd Dickerson and Russell Brunson in 2014. It is an Etison LLC -affiliated SaaS business. With the help of a sales funnel, aspiring business owners can expand their operations online thanks to Clickfunnel software.
More than 250K business owners use Clickfunnels to design their sales funnels, and the platform now has over 100K active users. The ease with which Clickfunnels builds and develops sales funnels sets them apart from other platforms.
You can find several familiar functions in Clickfunnels, including:
- Simple drag-and-drop builder
- Website Hosting
- Email marketing automation
- Membership site
- Split test
- Conversion tracking
- Affiliate tools
- Shopping cart
With precious functions, Clickfunnels is trusted by a wide range of customers from different business areas, like real estate, coaching businesses, companies offering expert services, network marketing, marketing agencies, consultants for digital media, B2B and B2C businesses, dentists, and investors, etc.
Hence, it’s not surprising that it ranks so high on Inc.com:
- 3105 (2021) 122% 3-Year Growth
- 1257 (2020)
- 440 (2019)
- 76 (2018)
Pros and Cons of Clickfunnels
- User-friendly: According to many, creating sales funnels with Clickfunnels is simple. The interface makes it incredibly simple to create and distribute landing pages or sales pages for your marketing funnel.
- Simple sales process setup: You can visualize the funnel processes by having all of your sales funnel’s pages and marketing resources in one location. It’s simple to create new pages, modify the funnel’s processes, and manage all of these things accurately.
- One-Click Upsell: After clients buy your main product, you should start promoting cross- and up-sells. The “One-Click Upsell” function instantly charges clients without requiring them to re-enter their credit card information. Time and hassle are both saved.
- Built-in membership site: With Clickfunnels, you can create membership sections to distribute videos, e-courses, PDFs, and other sensitive material.
- Tools for affiliate marketing: Setting up your own affiliate program is now much simpler. You could employ developers or spend money on third-party software in addition to adding and customizing the commission plan for various affiliate levels. You could also hold a contest and assess affiliate success without any technical skills.
- Free digital marketing courses provided by world-class marketers: For free, Clickfunnels offers a substantial amount of course instruction to its users. You may get information on anything here, including funnel builder, lead generation, copywriting, ad talents, and personal growth.
- Integration with the majority of important marketing tools: Clickfunnels integrates with the majority of leading services. Therefore, you don’t have to stop using your preferred digital marketing tool.
- Price: The cost of using Clickfunnels is the main deterrent for customers. For newcomers, $97 per month is not a modest budget.
- Limited feature of the basic plan: The 20 funnels, 100 pages, and 20,000 monthly visits are included in the Clickfunnels basic account. While this would appear sufficient for the majority of firms, it quickly becomes constrained as your company expands. This explains why some people would think Clickfunnels is rather expensive.
- Slow customer service: Response times are relatively slow. It can occasionally take a few business days to hear back from them.
- The interface sometimes is broken: It’s not a major deal, but occasionally your landing page has been down or the interface has crashed for even an hour.
Clickfunnels is undoubtedly on the pricey side when compared to competing products like Leadpages. But Clickfunnels isn’t a tool for creating landing pages. It is a funnel builder that increases the efficiency of your sales funnels (and they did a good job).
You have two options for Clickfunnels purchase, corresponding to versions of Clickfunnels Standard and Platinum:
- Basic: $97/month
- Platinum: $297/month
Before committing, you may give Clickfunnels’ 14-day free trial a try. Additionally, you’ll receive two months for free if you choose to pay yearly. You can find differences in functions/features of the two plans in the table below.
|Number of landing pages||100||Unlimited|
|Number of sales funnels||20||Unlimited|
|Support||Email ticket, learning center||Priority support|
|Follow-up funnels (email tools)||No||Yes|
|Backpack (affiliate tools)||No||Yes|
|Funnel Hackathon (Weekly training)||No||Yes|
What Is Funnelflix?
Funnelflix is like “Netflix” for business owners. Similar to Netflix, Funnelflix provides rapid access to the most recent and cutting-edge online course instruction from the world’s finest marketing minds (Dan S Kenedy, Jay Abraham, Tony Robbins, etc). You can use several paid training courses in Clickfunnels, like:
Who should and shouldn’t use Clickfunnels?
It is undeniable that Clickfunnels is useful for almost all types of business, but not all can use it. This means that it is not for everyone. Below are who should and shouldn’t use Clickfunnels.
People who should use Clickfunnels
People who are working in the following businesses are more likely to use Clickfunnels:
- Brick-and-mortar business
- Affiliate marketing
Regardless of the business model, the majority of them share one trait: they want to make the process of developing an online marketing and sales funnel as simple as possible in order to convert more people into leads and eventually paying customers. in order for them to start making money and grow their company.
People who shouldn’t use Clickfunnels
There are some businesses/people who don’t find Clickfunnels suitable, such as:
- Businesses with limited budgets: If businesses have limited finances, Clickfunnels might not be the best option for you if you’re in that situation. Although it has a lot of features and can be quite effective in increasing sales, its monthly charge ($97/month) can be quite high.
- Businesses that conduct e-commerce and provide hundreds of products may not be the greatest candidates for Clickfunnels, despite the fact that it is a terrific tool for those looking to boost their online sales.
By giving clients a simple experience, Clickfunnels is intended to streamline the sales process. This may be advantageous for companies that only offer a few things, but it might not be the best option for companies that sell hundreds or even thousands of products.
Instead, you can use a different platform, such as WooEcommerce or Shopify, to create your online store.
- Who doesn’t understand sales funnels or has no intention of using Clickfunnels: Some users sign up for Clickfunnels after hearing it recommended by phony “Marketing Gurus” as a money-making opportunity.
If you are not familiar with the tool, it takes you a lot of time to learn how to use it. There is a way that can boost your learning process – it is joining the One Funnel Away Challenge or reading Dotcom Secrets. But, before you decide exactly what you’ll do with Clickfunnels, strongly consider not purchasing it.
- Who needs more customization and flexibility: Clickfunnels might not be the greatest option if you’re searching for a platform with unrestricted modification and flexibility. Although it has many capabilities and templates, you may find it to be somewhat constrained if you need to make big modifications to your landing pages.
Popular features of Clickfunnels
Clickfunnels has several prominent features for you to utilize.
Sales Funnel Builder
You can easily build a sales funnel with two ways below.
- Step 1: Click “Build a new funnel” inside the Clickfunnels dashboard. You can select The Classic Funnel Builder, the easiest funnel builder for novices.
When establishing a conventional funnel, ClickFunnels will inquire about your objectives, such as Gather email and Offer your goods or holding a webinar.
Additionally, you can set up custom funnels and funnel phases however you like. If this is your first time creating a funnel, you stick to the workflow to avoid incorrect procedures.
- Step 2: Decide the number of funnel steps you have inside the Clickfunnels workspace depending on your “Goal” and “Type” of the funnel.
- Step 3: The Launch Checklist and Funnel Steps are on the left.
Everything necessary to launch your funnel is included in the launch checklist. It is strongly advised that you review the launch checklist to make sure your funnel launches with all the prerequisites met.
You can customize your funnel precisely how you want it in the Funnel Steps area. With Clickfunnels, you can simply adjust the stage of your funnel using drag and drop, which sets it apart from other applications.
- Step 4: Look at the landing page for each step in the funnel on the right hand. You had the option of starting with a blank page or selecting a page template and customizing it.
Cookbook Builder Process
With this way, you can choose from up to 22 different types of funnels and a variety of templates to begin going with them.
Differences between Cookbook and Classic builder:
- More funnel types are available in the Funnel Cookbook builder.
- Design-wise, the landing pages on Clickfunnels is more beautiful and appear more professional.
Landing Page Builder
The function is facilitated by Clickfunnels by drag and drop editor function to allow the users to build landing pages more quickly and easily.
Every page has a structure with the following components:
- Row and column
Despite the fact that Clickfunnels makes it simple to design sales funnels. But why should you use Clickfunnels over alternative tools?
Sincerely speaking, the drag-and-drop editor is nothing new. It could have stood out four or five years ago, but today there are many affordable page builder programs available that can assist you in doing that. Here are a few components from Clickfunnels that help strengthen your sales funnel.
- Survey element: One excellent method of generating leads is the Survey feature in Clickfunnels (Survey funnel). It enables you to design a form containing multiple-choice questions, and the results of the survey are determined by the response that respondents select.
This is a fantastic technique to obtain email addresses from potential clients and can also assist you in figuring out which good or service is best suited for them. Consequently, you may tailor your sales message and market to their needs.
- 2-step order form: When you construct a book funnel, it is both interesting and crucial (or Free & Shipping funnel). You may be sure that clients are committed to completing a purchase by requesting an order confirmation from them on the second page.
You can start a follow-up sequence if the consumer completes Step 1 but not Step 2 to encourage them to return and complete Step 2. Additionally, conversion rates are greatly increased by this.
- Order Bump element: You can design a little box using this feature for the checkout page. It is a fantastic technique to sell supplementary goods together with your primary offer. Without providing any extra information, the consumer can click a box to add an additional product to their order.
For a novice user who has no prior understanding of web design or experience using the page builder, Clickfunnels provides templates that have the divisions and rows finished; all you need to do is swap out the parts with your own.
Additionally, they offer stunning and contemporary designs, however, they are located elsewhere than on your Clickfunnels account, like:
- Funnel Hackathon
- Funnel Fridays
- Inside Clickfunnels course training
It would be ideal if they constantly updated their library so that users could always have the most recent template they require (which aligns with the recent modifications in their line of work or product).
Payment gateway is among advantages of the Clickfunnels when Clickfunnels integrates with different payment gateways, such as:
- Paypal V2
- Blue Snap
- Easy Pay Direct
However, you can integrate three payment gateways with the Clickfunnels basic plan, compared to nine with the Platinum plan. Integration comes in two types:
- API payment gateway: Process payments for products made using Clickfunnels
- Third-party product access: handle payments for goods made on other platforms
Remember that OTO stages do not work with 3rd party product access payment channels (such as Paypal V1, Clickbank, or JvZoo).
Clickfunnels allows your customers to purchase extra items with a single click. This also facilitates businesses to raise their bottom lines by raising order values. This function is quite helpful since it enables you to provide clients with additional goods or services after they have purchased something.
More importantly, your customers don’t need to enter their information of credit cards again to make payments.
Users can test several iterations of their funnels using A/B testing to find which one converts the best. Any company that depends on conversion-optimized funnels needs this technology, and Clickfunnels makes it simple to set up and keep track of experiments.
You can create numerous landing page versions for each step of the sales funnel, choose the percentage of traffic that will go to each version, and then have Clickfunnels track which one works the best.
Sales Funnel Stats
The effectiveness of your sales funnel is thoroughly examined by Clickfunnels. You may improve your funnel’s performance by using the data to spot any issues.
The funnel graphic is more comprehensible and appealing to the eye. Their measurements are sufficient to determine how well your funnel is doing.
It’s decent for novices, but you could find Clickfunnels’ metrics to be very constrained if you’re an experienced web marketer or if you care about the statistics.
For instance, the origin of the flow (Google, social media, referral, etc) or tracking who watched your video, how long they watched it and modifying your call to action accordingly, etc.
The finest feature is that you could install tracking code from the platform you favored or link Clickfunnels with analytical solutions (Google Analytics, Facebook Pixel, Salesforce, etc)
The option to share funnels with others is one of the best features of ClickFunnels. You can easily copy a whole funnel into your account with just a few clicks, which is wonderful if you discover a funnel you like and want to employ for your own company.
If you run an agency, all your customers need to do is access the funnel URL, and it will be configured for them in their Clickfunnels account. Unlike transferring and importing files as would be necessary with other programs, this saves a ton of time.
As a user, you have the option of hiring a freelancer to create your sales funnel for you or purchasing pre-made sales funnels from the marketplace and adding them to your account with a single click.
Not only does Clickfunnels provide you with an easy-to-use interface for creating an online marketing funnel. The utility is also compatible with the most widely used software applications. In order to make the process of creating your sales funnel even more enjoyable, you may combine the tool you enjoyed with Clickfunnels.
Clickfunnels enables you to integrate with different tools, as follows:
- Sendgrid Clickfunnels: this is a tool for mail communication with customers.
- Shopify: is the main e-commerce platform used worldwide. It will be simpler for you to handle your store and marketing plans targeted at the e-commerce sector when paired with Clickfunnels.
- Payment tools: When selling, especially in the final step: payment, Clickfunnels gives you additional choices by providing a variety of domestic and international payment methods.
- SMS Clickfunnels: This enables SMS communication with customers. An additional useful channel will be available for your marketing campaigns to reach prospective customers.
- Zapier: This tool allows you to collaborate, integrate apps, and automate routine chores.
- Infusionsoft: This is an online marketing instrument. You may automate marketing tasks and integrate CRM systems with Infusionsoft.
Clickfunnels WordPress Plugin
The Clickfunnels WP plugin can be used if you have a WordPress website and wish to use Clickfunnels pages under your domain name. You can maintain and modify your WordPress pages with this plugin as necessary.
This could be a fantastic strategy to utilize the potent capabilities of Clickfunnels while maintaining your website.
But, there is a big disadvantage to this feature. Clickfunnels has not been upgraded with WordPress’ most recent three major updates. This is a problem since it puts users of a recent version of the plugin at risk of experiencing compatibility problems. Even worse, Clickfunnels might be powerless to shield you if a security flaw is identified in a previous version of WordPress. So, you should take into account this weakness before determining to use this feature.
Besides assisting you to sell products, Clickfunnels also helps you build your own website for different posts. You can learn how to build a website and post on it through various videos on Youtube. However, the website builder on Clickfunnels has two disadvantages:
- Not SEO friendly: In Clickfunnels, there is no method to construct and upload a sitemap or robot.txt file. However, if you’re using WordPress, it’s simple to do. It only takes a few clicks to take care of everything if you download the Yoast SEO or Rankmath plugin.
The SEO tools on the Clickfunnels page are limited compared to other websites’ blogs (ie add schema, rich snippets, breadcrumbs, etc)
- Make blog posts more challenging: The blog postings that Clickfunnels creates for you have a page-like appearance but are actually blogs. It is placed in one location rather than breaking apart into a relevant category. So managing it is difficult.
On your home page or blog page, a new post is typically automatically available on top of the recent post area. However, with Clickfunnels, you have to actively access and modify that page.
Therefore, WordPress is your friend if you intend to establish a conventional website with blog postings.
Benefits of upgrading to Clickfunnels Platinum
If you consider upgrading Clickfunnels to the Platinum version, you will gain two additional powerful functions besides those embraced by Clickfunnels:
Follow-up Funnels (Formerly Actionetics)
You can imagine that follow-up funnels allow you to send subscribers messages and sequences. In order to establish a relationship with them and win their business. Although Actionetics makes it simple to generate, schedule, and send emails. Though, It’s more than just an email auto-responder.
Of course, comparing Clickfunnels to understanding email marketing solutions like Mailchimp or Active Campaign is unfair. But Clickfunnels also includes all functions of normal email tools.
The “Smart List” feature of Clickfunnels is what sets them apart. It resembles an improved kind of tagging.
As contacts match certain criteria, Smart List can automatically add or remove them. For instance, you could compile a list of individuals in a certain place X who has an “Action Score” of greater than 70 but have not yet purchased item Y.
You will then construct a follow-up campaign with tailored sales messaging for that group. You can examine the metrics to see what happened once the email is sent.
With Actionetic, you can contact subscribers to increase your chances of connecting with them.
The backpack is for the Clickfunnel affiliate. This aids in the development of your own affiliate scheme for your funnels. When you create an affiliate program and rely on the work of others, you get a tremendous amount of leverage. It resembles assembling a team or engaging individuals to carry out these duties on your behalf.
The best aspect is that they are not required to get paid for the task. You compensate them instead with commissions based on the sales they produced.
You can quickly start your affiliate program with Clickfunnels.
- Make affiliate commissions specific
- Make several affiliate tier levels.
- Increase the commission for the desired particular group.
- A dashboard for affiliates
The most prominent feature is the “Sticky Cookies” feature that distinguishes the Clickfunnels affiliate tools from the competition. It keeps your affiliates very content, and devoted, and provides you with traffic constantly!
In terms of customer assistance, Clickfunnels provides a variety of choices, including:
- Help Desk
- Phone Support
Before using the customer support function, you can learn how to use Clickfunnels through video tutorials, and articles. If you are in need, you can also communicate and send a support ticket by selecting the symbol in the bottom right on the Clickfunnels homepage.
You should notice that this function has a great weakness. Many claims that customer service responds far too slowly. When you’re trying to fix a problem, it might be annoying when it takes several days to receive an answer. Additionally, several users have said that the support staff is frequently unhelpful and doesn’t seem to have a deep understanding of the product.
However, this problem can be dealt with if you are a Platinum user. In this case, your account is already marked as a priority client, therefore you may anticipate a response sooner than other clients. This is only one of the many advantages of using Clickfunnels Platinum, so if you’re thinking about boosting your account, keep this in mind.
Effectiveness of Clickfunnels
Your money is well spent on ClickFunnels. The tool Clickfunnels is effective. In the process of turning your idea into reality, it might help you save a lot of time and work. To create a sales funnel, you don’t need Clickfunnels. Numerous options are available that can help even better, depending on your needs.
You can easily turn more leads into customers and set up a sales process more quickly.
The best way to promote certain deals is via ClickFunnels. You can identify particular offers or promotions they are currently running and make a funnel for each of them. For particular deals, you’ll use various ad targeting and pixels.
Though Clickfunnels is a great tool, you can also find some alternatives with similar benefits. Three alternatives suggested for you include: Systeme.io, Thrive Suite, and Instapage.
Systeme.io – Money-saving
Systeme.io is a single platform that makes it simple to develop landing pages, sales funnels, send email marketing automation, and create static websites and blogs.
You can do anything with it that you could do with Clickfunnels, and it’s incredibly simple to use. The best thing about Systeme is how reasonably priced it is.
The free edition of Systeme enables you to make an infinite number of blog posts and emails for up to 2000 subscribers.
Check out Systeme’s pricing options. The most expensive plan only costs $97 per month and includes everything, but Clickfunnels only lets you create 20 funnels and 100 landing pages and doesn’t offer email marketing tools on par with those.
Thrive Suite – Valuable for WordPress Users
You may build a successful online business with the many plugins included in the Thrive Suite. Of course, you can use it to build sales funnels. You are able to create whatever landing page you desire using Thrive Architect (Opt-in pages, sales pages, checkout pages, Thank you pages, etc).
The disadvantage of Thrive Suite is that, in order to manage your marketing campaign, you must integrate them with other email marketing solutions. It’s also impossible to make a single click-upsell. Therefore, Thrive Suite can be useful if you want to produce leads or sell things. But Clickfunnels is preferable if you want to build a strong sales funnel.
$299/Year and used on up to 5 websites
Instapage – Great for conversion rate
Instapage stands out from other landing page builders on the market even if it costs more than Clickfunnels since it offers a special function that can help you increase your conversion rate.
Utilizing UTM parameters and Instapage, you can quickly and efficiently customize your landing pages for each visitor. Simply put, it enables you to target the appropriate audience with the appropriate message based on visitor information like terms, firmographics, and demographics.
Clickfunnels is still a fantastic tool, at least for designing funnels. Like other marketing tools, this one requires some training before you can utilize it effectively. Although Clickfunnels provides you with everything you need to build highly effective sales funnels, success won’t come quickly. This means that you need to invest your time and money in optimizing Clickfunnels. However, if you are afraid of using a completely new tool like Clickfunnels, you can employ alternatives as suggested in this article. Also, remember that you have a 14-day trial for free, so take advantage of it before determining whether to use Clickfunnels or not.
ClickFunnels: Is it a pyramid scheme?
There is a lot of false information floating around concerning Clickfunnels, so let me clear it up. Clickfunnels is not an MLM, pyramid scheme, or other types of fraud. This has been covered in great length here. It won’t happen overnight because Clickfunnels is a software firm, not a get-rich-quick scheme. To get results, you must work hard and be committed.
Do ClickFunnels offer website hosting?
You don’t have to worry about your content getting lost or erased with Clickfunnels because everything is housed on their servers (landing pages, blog posts, images, and any other content you can dream of). You don’t have to pay more for hosting, so you can concentrate on producing valuable content that will increase sales.
Is it possible to profit from ClickFunnels?
Without a doubt, you can sell your goods or services with Clickfunnels. Additionally, you might want to promote some of those affiliate programs (such as Clickbank, Jv Zoo, and Warrior Plus) and profit from them. Alternatively, you can earn money by signing up for the Clickfunnels affiliate program. There is no explanation for why you cannot join the numerous users of Clickfunnels who use it to generate a full-time income.
Can you trust ClickFunnels?
Yes, ClickFunnels is entirely legal. Regardless of your opinion on Clickfunnels, they have over 100,000 users, are rated No. 3105 in 2021, and have experienced a 122% 3-Year Growth. It’s amazing!
Does ClickFunnels make sense?
It varies. I’m convinced that Clickfunnels is completely worth your money if you’re searching for a tool to make the process of building sales funnels quicker and simpler. However, it is not worthwhile to use Clickfunnels as a business possibility. Seriously, you’ll squander your money.
What is the cost of ClickFunnels per month?
The regular subscription costs $97 per month, while the Clickfunnels Platinum plan costs $297.
For how much a year does ClickFunnels cost?
The standard plan for Clickfunnels costs $997 annually, while the Platinum plan costs $2970 annually.
Can ClickFunnels be used without cost?
No, there isn’t a free version available from Clickfunnels. However, you can test it out for up to 30 days for free.
WordPress vs. ClickFunnels: Which is superior?
There isn’t a simple solution to this problem. Your needs and tastes will determine how. You may build a website or blog from scratch with WordPress. On the other side, ClickFunnels is a sales funnel builder that aids in lead generation and customer conversion.
You must make numerous monthly payments and purchase several plugins if you wish to utilize WordPress to substitute Clickfunnels.
Which is superior, ClickFunnels or Kajabi?
In contrast to Clickfunnels, which focuses on building effective sales funnels, Kajabi is an all-in-one platform made to assist business owners in distributing digital content. Both have comparable functionality, but if you sell online courses, Kajabi has a few advantages.
For instance, Clickfunnels did not host any of your videos on its platform, whereas Kajabi did. Additionally, Kajabi costs $149 more per month for its base account than Clickfunnels ($97), but it offers infinite landing pages and marketing emails.
Contrarily, Clickfunnels has just 100 landing pages and doesn’t offer this level of email automation. In general, Kajabi is a better option for online course sales.